Topic: Suicidal Ideation
Suicide Assessment C-SSRS
The Columbia Lighthouse Project. (2016). . Identify risk. Prevent suicide
For this week utilize the tool listed above to complete the assignment.
As you will learn throughout the program, the diagnosis of a variety of psychiatric illnesses is not always an easy or straightforward process. Multiple observations and assessment methods are often employed to reach a diagnosis. This approach can include the use of standardized assessment instruments. This then aids you in defining a treatment plan and choosing specific treatment plans to use in the care of your clients.
You are tasked with identifying a standardized assessment instrument/tool to measure the disorders listed for each week. You will keep these instruments in the form of a “portfolio” that you can use in your clinical practice to assess clients who present with a variety of symptoms.
Instrument/ Tool criteria:
For each assessment, you are tasked with selecting, you will identify an instrument and:
- List what DSM diagnosis the tool/instrument is used for.
- Identify an assessment/diagnosis instrument.
- Appraise a scholarly, peer-reviewed article that addresses the use of the instrument to support your choice as an evidence-based instrument for practice.
- Evaluate the instrument’s appropriateness for diagnosing the condition it is designed to assess or if the developers of the instrument reported that the instrument is only part of a comprehensive assessment for the disorder.
- Describe whether or not the instrument can be used to measure patient response to therapy/treatment or if it is strictly for assessment and diagnosis.
- Discuss the psychometrics/scoring of the instrument, including reliability and validity.
- Discuss any limitations associated with the use of the instrument.
- Include a link to view the assessment if possible.
Use the following template in completing your portfolio assignments. .