Unit 3 Assignment
In this assignment, you will have the opportunity to think about how your senses contribute to everyday activities like eating. Choose a meal that you will, preferably, eat at home. Prepare your meal, set it in front of you while sitting, and then place a blindfold over your eyes. Remain blindfolded throughout the meal (from soup/salad through dessert). After the dinner is over, write about your experience by answering the following questions:
1. Please rank the senses in terms of how much you relied on each, then tell how you used each sense. (Feel free to answer this as a narrative rather than recreating this chart.)
|Sense||Rank (1-5)1 = relied on most5 = relied on least||How you used the sense|
2. How enjoyable was dining in the dark compared to dining in the light?
3. What, if anything, did you do differently when dining in the dark than you would normally do when dining in the light?
4. What sensory aspects of the experience did you like most?
5. What sensory aspects of the experience did you like least?
6. Would you dine in the dark again? Why, or why not?
7. What did you learn about in the sensation and perception readings in this unit that help you to understand this experience on a deeper level?
Be sure to cite from the readings, using APA-formatted, in-text citations. The last page of your paper will be your APA-formatted reference page. The assignment needs to be at least two pages long, not including the reference page.