March 17th, 2021
the provided narrative on the following page, clicking on the
hyperlinks to understand more about Supply Chain Management and supply
chains during this pandemic. Note the highlighted words and phrases.
- First, discuss your own personal experiences with supply chains. What were you NOT able to get during this pandemic?
- Second, discuss what appears to be happening and what might happen in the future in one of the following three supply chains:
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment – masks, gowns, gloves)
- medical equipment (i.e., ventilators)
- food and fuel
this by breaking down the chosen supply chain into four parts. Try to
include answers to those questions highlighted in blue.
- Marketing – how do organizations connect to and understand their customers?
- Sourcing – how do organizations connect to and work with their suppliers?
- Operations – how do organizations transform parts, materials, and labour into goods and services while adding value to them?
- Logistics – how do organizations move and store inventory