After writing your Professional Identity and Ethical statements and creating your website, write a reflective paper to explain the following:
· your understanding of the ethical obligations of the professional counselor;
· your personal journey of learning, understanding, and identifying your personal beliefs and value systems along with how they influenced you as a professional; and
· your “trials and tribulations” related to building your professional website and marketing yourself as a future professional counselor.
Guidelines for writing the reflective paper:
· Write in first-person language.
· Use APA formatting (Include a cover page, but not a reference page).
· Write a minimum of two pages.
My Professional Statement:
Counseling is a profession that encourages and empowers individuals and families to accomplish their goals and experience a better quality of life. I have a passion for helping others understand their life’s issues, see their potential and live a more fulfilling life. I specialize in cognitive behavioral therapy as I believe if a person changes their thoughts, they can change their behavior. I believe in a client centered approach and that all clients have the ability to heal and grow. My job is to be a listening empathetic ear and to help facilitate that growth.
My Ethical Statement:
I care about you, your family and your story. I respect diversity and understand how nature and nurture help mold us into the unique individuals that we are. I vow to make a difference through counseling, educating and evaluation of those that I come in contact with. I am committed to understanding and validating the existing and emerging concerns of my clients. I am committed to fostering the development of each client in a way that is reflective of his or her goals and values. You can trust that I will treat you with respect, dignity and compassion in every interaction, while maintaining the highest standards for integrity and ethics.