The paper will be on a healthcare/doctor’s office.
The paper must be at least 12-pages (not including the title page, references, and appendices), typed double-spaced in 12-point font, containing the following sections:
• Title page: Include the name of the project, group members, course, and date.
• Introduction (1 page): This section should briefly describe what the group’s goal is in completing the project, steps taken in completing it, the benefits for applying staffing activities to the job, and describe what the paper will cover.
• Job analysis and description (1-2 pages): The O*NET (http://online.onetcenter.org) website may be useful in completing this section. This section should identify the targeted job, explain the procedures used to conduct job analyses, and provide any relevant background information on the job incumbent interviewed. The group should identify the major work behaviors, knowledge skills, and abilities (KSAs) necessary to perform the job effectively, and minimum qualifications. Research evidence should be included to support the necessity of the KSAs identified in performing the job. Also, the group should introduce feasible reasonable accommodations that should be made to provide job opportunities to the disabled in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990). The official job description should be included in the appendices section.
• Recruitment plan (2-3 pages): This section of the report should describe the recruitment tactics to be used by the group for the targeted job. This section should cover what recruitment sources will be used (and why), and the communication message, all with supporting research evidence. Also, a recruitment advertisement should be included in the appendices section.
• Selection (3-4 pages): In this section, the group should identify at least three selection methods they wish to use, and provide background on what information the technique provides, how they are used, scored, etc. Importantly, the group should provide evidence of the validity of the selection techniques, from the research literature, for the job in question. In addition, the group should attend to issues associated with test use such as potential adverse impact, applicant reactions, cost, etc. The group should also construct a selection plan (include in the appendices section) that outlines the targeted knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the essential tasks, and determines which selection methods target each KSA. Also, the group should provide 3 job-relevant sample items (from existing measures, which must be cited, or created by the group) for each selection method in the appendices.
• Decision-Making (2-3 pages): In this section, the group should decide how applicants will be hired into the position. In particular, the group should describe (and justify) a weighting scheme for combining scores on the three selection methods and set cutoff scores.
• Conclusion (1 page): This section should summarize the major portions of the paper and provide insight into the benefits and challenges of utilizing the described staffing functions on the targeted job.
• References: Papers will be penalized severely for not adhering to reference requirements. A minimum of 10 references (outside of your textbook) should be listed at the end of the paper. A maximum of three internet citations may be used. Wikipedia.com (or similar) and careerbuilder.com (or similar) are not acceptable resources for internet citations.