LAB PROJECT Phase 4
LAB PROJECT PHASE 4 – RESULTS SECTION INSTRUCTIONS
PURPOSE: The purpose of this assignment is to synthesize and interpret your lab project results in a current APA-style Results section.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE: As a result of completing this assignment, you will be able to:
• Determine whether statistical results support your hypothesis
• Clearly communicate the results of real-world data analysis in a format commonly used in the social sciences
TASK: Write an APA-style Results section that details the statistical results of your lab project analysis and interprets the meaning of these results. You will be graded on how completely you address the following:
• Include a title page in current APA format
• Section is in paragraph form, double-spaced, with appropriate APA-style heading.*
• Section is no less than 250 words.
• Describe the type of analysis used and the variables used in the analysis.
• Include a statistical statement in current APA format based on your results.
• State whether or not the results are significant, and the resulting decision about the null hypothesis of your study (reject/fail to reject).
• Describe the strengths and weaknesses of the statistical test that was used. Be sure to cite the textbook or other sources you use to provide this information. For example, “This type of test is described as helpful (Gravetter, et al., 2018).”
• Explain any characteristics of your sample and data collection method that should be taken into consideration by readers when interpreting these results. These can include such elements as sample size, survey format, issues related to online or in-person survey methods, demographics (if you know them), and so on.
• Based on the above, state the degree to which your results are generalizable.
• Communicate clearly with attention to grammar and syntax.
• Include an APA-style Reference section at the end of your submission
*Please refer to the APA writing presentation in the relevant module for a review.
CRITERIA FOR SUCCESS: Please carefully review the Lab Phase 4 Rubric. Also, remember that asking questions contributes to learning and success, so please contact your instructor should you have any questions related to the assignment.