Read The Powerpoint
Read the powerpoint and answer the questions below
· Slide 11 and 12: Listen to either the “Tree Song” (1) or the “Rhyme Time Band” (12)—what skills and curriculum areas are these reinforcing? How would you use this and integrate it into a lesson?
· Slide 18: Watch the reading/ singing of the picture book, Pete the Cat By Eric Litwin. How does this book apply to resilience (recovering from strong emotions
· Slide 24: Watch and follow along to the hand ballet. How did you feel when you started it? How did you feel after you finished? What were your impressions of this experience
· Slides 32-51. I went over the cultural and anti-bias curriculum briefly. Please read the slides more carefully to obtain more information. I would suggest to watch the Zorba dances if you have time.
· In your own words, why do you think an educator needs cultural competency? How would you define Anti-Bias curriculum in your own words?
· Slides 54 to 70—review the multicultural instruments that we had time to play in class. These can be interesting for children to try, as well. Choose 3 instruments that are new to you and look them up on the internet. Explain how each of those 3 instruments makes sounds and include the link with each of the 3 instruments