Style Requirements: You do not need a cover sheet. On page one, top left corner, include the following: Your NameReading Reflections on [Christian Theism and Deism]Date 12-point Times New Roman o
- You do not need a cover sheet. On page one, top left corner, include the following:
Your NameReading Reflections on [Christian Theism and Deism]Date
- 12-point Times New Roman or 10-point Arial font
- One-inch margins on the top, bottom, left, and right.
- You must write in complete sentences.
- Include a Work Cited entry at the end of each of your worldview reflection papers.
Worldview Reading Reflection Assignment Instructions: Each worldview reading reflection is to be completed during the week that the particular worldview(s) are under examination as you progress through the reading assignments in The Universe Next Door. Worldview reading reflections are designed to help you gain clarity as you complete the weekly reading assignments in The Universe Next Door.
- No outside sources are allowed for this assignment. You are to include your personal reflections only.
- You may use a dictionary to answer Question #2.
- This process will be repeated for each of the worldviews. In weeks where you are completing worldview reflections for two worldviews, both must be submitted in one paper. Please DO NOT turn in two separate papers.
- You will submit a total of five worldview reading reflections:
- Worldview Reading Reflection 1: Christian Theism and Deism (20 points available)
- Worldview Reading Reflection 2: Naturalism and Nihilism (20 points available)
- Worldview Reading Reflection 3: Atheistic/Theistic Existentialism and Eastern Pantheistic Monism. PLEASE NOTE: You will have separate answers for Atheistic Existentialism and Theistic Existentialsm. These two worldviews answer Sire’s Worldview Questions differently. (30 points available)
- Worldview Reading Reflection 4: New Age and Postmodernism (20 points available)
- Worldview Reading Reflection 5: Islamic Theism (10 points available)
Worldview Reading Reflection Questions: Answer each of the following questions related to the specific worldviews we are examining for the week. Be sure to answer all parts of the questions:
- Worldview Questions. List Sire’s answers for Worldview Questions 1 through 8 for the worldviews under examination. Include both the Worldview Question (1 through 8) and Sire’s answer for each. You are to copy these questions and answers straight out of the text, word for word.
Example: CHRISTIAN THEISM Sire’s Question 1: “What is prime reality – the really real?” (2009, p. 22). Since I have quoted directly from the text, I am using quotation marks and citing my source. List only the portion of Sire’s questions that are in italics. Christian Theism’s answer: “Prime reality is the infinite, personal God revealed in the Holy Scriptures. This God is triune, transcendent and immanent, omniscient, sovereign, and good” (2009, p. 28). Note that Sire sometimes circles back to a question he has already answered. Be sure to include his whole answer to the eight worldview questions. And so on through all 8 questions.
- Vocabulary Words. As you read, you will encounter words with which you are unfamiliar. List five words and their definitions you encountered in this week’s reading assignment in The Universe Next Door. You may copy and paste from http://www.merriam-webster.com/ (or any other credible online dictionary); however, you must format your entries neatly. In other words, do not mix fonts or font sizes. Keep everything uniform.
- What I Learned about this Worldview. What was the most interesting thing you learned about this worldview as you read this chapter in The Universe Next Door? Why did you choose this particular thing? If you quote directly from the text, be sure to include the proper APA citation format: for example (Sire, 2009, p. xx).
- The Beliefs, Principles, and Attraction of this Worldview. What are the main beliefs or principles of this worldview that people might find attractive (refer to Sire’s Worldview Questions and Answers for this worldview)? Why do you think people are attracted to the beliefs or principles of this worldview?
- Complete Steps 1 through 4 for any other worldviews assigned for the week.
- Work Cited. At the end of your paper, always include a Work Cited (using APA style format) with the following information:
Work CitedSire, J. W. (2009). The universe next door: A basic worldview catalog (5th ed.).