Top 101 Persuasive Essay Topics To Help You Score Better
Don’t know how to jumpstart writing a persuasive essay? Use the list of top topics below as a source of inspiration for your project. Explore 101 ideas and find the perfect one you have been looking for. Alternatively, remember you can always get an essay written for a small fee from our expert writers. Let’s get started!
What is a persuasive essay? A persuasive essay is a type of written assignment that attempts to convince the reader or opponent that the argument, presented in work, is correct. The main objective of a persuasive speech is to let the students master the art of persuasion. This type of essay is a typical assignment at high-school and early college years, so senior high school students and junior college students can benefit from it the most. A persuasive essay outline is as follows: an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
Find Exciting Ideas for Your Persuasive Essay
The 101 topics listed below are a great source of inspiration and material for thorough and exciting research. Among them, you will find an ideal theme to use in your further investigation. On the other hand, don’t forget that you can also get your essay written by our professional writers in a matter of hours. Our service provides high-quality exclusive essay writing services. We have the necessary expertise and years of successful experience in custom academic writing. Our authors can come up with top-notch quality writing that will meet all of your requirements and help you get the grade you want.
Persuasive essays, in many ways, resemble argumentative essays. The major difference is that the argumentative essay should demonstrate a discussion as opposed to a single opinion. When working on a persuasive essay topic, one should remember that aiming to persuade the reader, make sure first that your statement or argument is 100% correct. Write down your topic as a firm statement in the form of a sentence and avoid using questions instead.
Easy Persuasive Speech and Essay Topics
- In modern classrooms, exams do not match students’ abilities.
- Schools should have nothing to do with ads.
- Soda shouldn’t be sold to kids in restaurants.
- French fries shouldn’t be served in public school cafeterias.
- There should be different classes for boys and girls.
- Breastfeeding should be allowed in public places.
- Parents should go to jail if their kids do something illegal.
- People under 21 should be allowed to drink alcohol with parental consent.
- Parents must be responsible for providing a healthy diet.
- Parents should regularly check children’s belongings for drugs.
- The Internet was invented to change our lives.
Medium Difficulty Persuasive Topics for a Speech or an Essay
- Is the ACLU a scam that is no good for America?
- Commercial testing on animals should be banned.
- Alternative energy is cheap enough to replace fossil fuels.
- Churches should pay taxes.
- The United States should maintain the Cuba embargo.
- College football should replace the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) with a playoff system.
- Decrease of the federal corporate income tax rate creates more jobs.
- The age for legal alcohol drinking should be more than 21.
- The felons who have completed their sentence should be allowed to vote.
Difficult Persuasive Speech and Essay Topics
- Sex orientation is determined in childhood.
- Capital punishment is a crime.
- The humans are the leading cause of global climate change.
- Euthanasia should be allowed.
- Adults must be allowed to carry the electroshock device.
- The U.S. Supreme Court should ban same-sex marriages.
- The ways to solve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict exist.
- Defending yourself should be a constitutional right under the Second Amendment.
- Illegal immigrants shouldn’t be put to prison and forced to work to pay for their upkeep.
College Level Topics for Persuasive Essays and Speeches
- Is there an equal representation of genders in politics.
- Cell phone use and texting make it difficult to concentrate.
- Textbooks are obsolete and should be replaced by iPads.
- Students should be careful when posting on social media.
- A border fence will solve the dilemma of immigration.
- Cyber-attacks are a vital intelligence tool for all countries.
- More recycling measures need to be forced by law.
- College network should use special filters to block inappropriate materials.
- The social network should be prohibited at school property.
- Should girls have equal representation on co-ed wrestling and football teams?
- Domestic terrorism is not an overwhelming issue in America.
- Identity theft is a huge problem for older adults.
Bachelor’s Level Persuasive Speech and Essay Topics
- Fast food restaurants should prominently display calories.
- The current tax system overburdens the middle-class.
- Chronic mental patients live in “halfway houses” in the community.
- Billboards should be prohibited on highways.
- Psychiatrists should testify in court when a defendant enters a non-guilty-by-reason-of-insanity plea.
- The U.S. Constitution should require a National Health Insurance Program.
- Child molesters should be sentenced to death.
- Prospective parents should be required to take parenting classes.
- Getting married in high school should be encouraged for teen moms.
- The United Nations should be disbanded?
- Prisons should use music and art to calm prisoners.
- Educated people must volunteer as literacy tutors.
- Constructing Olympic venues near UNESCO protected sites is deplorable.
Master’s Level Persuasive Speech and Essay Topics
- Society should shun prescribed codes of ethics.
- There is no such thing as the good and the evil.
- Does sexual desire define human behavior?
- Selfishness is an innate human behavior and should be encouraged.
- Intelligence should be genetically engineered.
- Genetics determines human behavior.
- Happiness comes from helping others, and this is why selfish people are always unhappy.
- God’s not dead.
- There is much evil in the world, and we should turn to God.
- Ethics are the unselfish means humans derive from their parenting instincts.
- The truth is universal.
- Creation of wealth comes from taking advantage of other people’s hard work.
Funny Topics for Persuasive Essays
- What would happen if donkeys took over the world?
- Where do all the mismatched run away to?
- Why I hate country music (an exclusive tell-all biography).
- The worst song in the world.
- People love to watch shark attack shows, and they are cheering for the shark.
- Why do we have tanning booths at the beach?
- Your video game skills can get you a good job.
- Why people love email spam more than real email letters.
- Why wearing braces makes it easier to scare strangers.
- Playing with Barbie will change your life.
- Why Mickey Mouse frightens children.
- How to fake it as a non-sporty girlfriend.
- How to look busy at work without doing any actual work.
- Being a living Barbie doll has destroyed my life.
Controversial Topics for a Persuasive Essay
- Bailing out financial institutions should not be allowed to use federal tax money.
- Surveillance makes U.S. society.
- Polygamy should be banned.
- Lesbian mothers create deviant daughters.
- No warrant should be needed for search and seizures.
- We should abolish the jury system and give sole power to judges.
- Biological weapons should not be allowed.
- Torture should be illegal.
- Contraception should be banned for children.
- To have children, both parents should be certified.
- Genetically modified organisms have benefits.
- The world would be better off without educated women.
- Harvesting sperm from dead male relatives should be considered abusive and illegal.
- Parents should pay children for home chores.
- The USA should populate the moon and establish a military outpost there.
- Grades should be outlawed as counterproductive and degrading.
- A survival plan should become a must-have for every family in case of natural disasters.
- Parents should talk to their children about drugs at a young age.
- Cats make better pets than turtles.
- Religion freedom doesn’t really exist for most people all over the world.
- There must be an implant contraception for men too.
If you are looking for persuasive essay examples, take a look at these below
What Is the Point of Writing Persuasive Essays?
Persuasive writing allows us to look critically at ideas and topics that we might not pay enough attention to outside the classroom. Writing persuasive essays and speeches stretches your imagination and, sometimes, it can provide life-defining introspection.
We would encourage all our visitors to use these essay topics as basic ideas to develop your own themes. Don’t forget proper referencing – use our APA referencing tool or hire a qualified expert to help you with your written project. Place an order and get your professionally written essay on time and with firm guarantees.